Bill Gates is quoted as saying “Content is King”. Gary Vaynerchuk famously added, “Content is King but CONTEXT is God”. He was asking us to respect the platform we are sharing our content on. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What does Content is King mean?
This means that, with a smartphone and an internet connection, we are all now our brand’s own media department. The content we produce should give value to our followers via helpful videos, amusing anecdotes, authentic blog posts. It should provide a connection that allows a relationship to build before you make an offer.
What does Context is God mean?
This means you should craft your message to fit the audience you are addressing. Each social media platform has a different demographic. Generally speaking, some examples would be:
- What people are looking for on Facebook is to keep up with their family, friends and community.
- On Instagram, they like entertainment, enlightenment and education.
- Twitter for breaking news, trending stories, global reactions
- LinkedIn for business, corporate and industry topics⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Respect the platform
Respecting the platform, in turn, respects your audience. Put your own agenda in the right context and don’t interrupt what people are enjoying with a sales message.
Aim to meet potential customers where they already are and bring them VALUE instead. ⠀
1. Respect the platform you are sharing on
2. Appreciate the audience that is there
3. Don’t interrupt people with your message
4. Put your agenda after that
If you enjoy these short tips, you will love our Social Butterflies Membership. It’s only £25 a month and you stay for as long or as little as you need to feel confident in being your own marketing ninja. To find out more click here: lisanichols.co.uk/membership⠀
@garyvee #contentisking #contextisgod #billgatesquote
Gary Vaynerchuk article: https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/content…/